We help to reduce vulnerabilities and strengthen resilience by responding to disasters and crises and by supporting community and institutional risk reduction and preparedness.
In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally with the aid of specialists or by sending relief supplies or money.
Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion.
Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Department is amongst other responsible for support of activities in Lebanon.
To strengthen the Lebanon team, the department is looking for a Project Coordinator Syrian Response and RP Programmes
Position title: Project Coordinator
Duty station: Beirut
Time period: 6 months
Starting Date: 15 May 2015
Status: Single posting
This position is within the framework of Netherlands RC support to a coordinated Movement response in support of people affected by the Syrian crisis residing in Lebanon, mostly Syrian refugees regardless their legal status. The position will enable Lebanese Red Cross Society (LRCS) and Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) in Lebanon to strengthen their DM response capacities and carry out urgent relief and health care activities.
The Netherlands RC 2012-2016 Response Preparedness Programme aims to fill a critical gap between current community based resilience and risk reduction programmes and Disaster Response by focusing on strengthening response capacities and linking it to regional and global capacity. Both LRCS and PRCS (Lebanon branch) participate in this programme.
Summary statement and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will in cooperation with the NLRC Country Representative in Beirut provide technical and managerial support to LRCS and PRCS (Lebanon branch). The Project Coordinator will further support monitoring of activities, budget/expenditure, and procurement processes, and support development of narrative and financial reports. In addition activity plans and funding proposals are to be developed. The NLRC support is provided bilaterally to the two sister RC Societies in Lebanon, in close coordination with other parts of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement to ensure maximum efficiency and synergy. All activities take place within the strategic directions as formulated by the IFRC (Regional Appeal) and the two sister Societies.
Position in the organization
The Project Coordinator will report to the NLRC Country Representative in Lebanon. He/she will liaise with others within the NLRC Lebanon and The Hague on technical matters for support and backstopping support.
• University (Masters) Degree;
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant international experience of which 3 years in the field;
• Work experience in result based management, including monitoring and reporting;
• Work experience in managing, coaching and supporting staff and in planning and managing finances and budget;
• Experience in working with partners at national and sub-national levels, preferably within the RC Movement;
• Fluency in written and spoken English language.
• Values: Integrity; commitment to RC mission and values; Valuing diversity
• Managing relationships: Working in teams; Diplomacy; Knowledge sharing
• Working with people: Building trust and confidence; Patience
• Personal Leadership: Results orientation, Flexibility and adaptability; Initiative and direction
• Able to work in politically complex and challenging environment, security awareness.
- Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference: competition number 22, before 16 March 2014 to: email@example.com in the name of Ms Annemieke van Teeffelen.
- For more information about the position, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
While we appreciate all responses, only selected candidates will be contacted.