WhatsApp Helpline agent – Helpline for people that fled or migrated to the Netherlands.
We help people in need. Around the corner – and far away, from our hearts and with our sleeves rolled up.
That is what the Red Cross stands for.
Everyone is welcome.
This is the only way we can achieve our mission. And make a difference for all people in need.
Whoever you are.
Let’s make together from our difference our strength.
Join our movement.
Help the world move forward by being yourself.
That’s the + from the Red Cross
That is the + of diversity
Are you looking for flexible and online volunteer work with a big impact? Then this is a great opportunity for you! Become a volunteer at the Red Cross WhatsApp Helpline. You answer online questions from people who have fled or migrated to the Netherlands. For example, from people from Ukraine, people without a residence permit, EU migrants or people staying in an AZC. For them good and trustworthy information about their rights and possibilities can be crucial in order to get access to basic needs. The questions are very diverse, but the main topics are about medical care, shelter, documents and food.
We are looking for:
Agent WhatsApp Helpline (voluntary)
Flexible, minimum of 4 hours per week, digitally from home.
What are you going to do?
- Answering questions received on the WhatsApp Helpline from people that fled or migrated to the Netherlands.
- Looking for relevant information to answer the questions as best as possible.
- Calling aid and support organizations to check information or to inquire whether someone can go there for help.
- You work from home.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has good communication skills; is empathetic, proactive and flexible.
- Is digitally proficient
- Has good command of English and Dutch (B1 level). Proficiency in an additional language such as Arabic, Farsi, Spanish, Portuguese, Tigrinya, Ukrainian or Russian is an advantage.
- Is available at least for one shift per week (2 hours) for at least three months. The work can be easily combined with, for example, studies, because it takes place online. You can schedule the shift yourself via an online schedule. The shifts are between 12:00 – 20:00. There are also shifts on weekends.
- Having experience with working with people in a vulnerable position is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Dutch asylum and migration policy is an advantage.
- The Red Cross looks for volunteers with talent and excellent competencies for a position and is not guided by cultural background, physical limitations, gender identity, religious beliefs, orientation or age.
What we offer:
- Flexible volunteer work with a big impact.
- Work experience within the largest humanitarian organisation in the Netherlands and worldwide
- A dynamic working environment where you work in a team of volunteers and professionals.
- Work related trainings.
- The opportunity to develop yourself in providing (digital) humanitarian aid.
- The opportunity to digitally connect with people who have fled or migrated to the Netherlands and learn more about the problems they encounter.
Follow your heart and apply now. Tell us more about yourself and motivation. Send an email to email@example.com. We only use your data for this specific application procedure.
Do you have questions? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receive your application.