To strengthen the existing URCS COVID-19 preparedness and response structures and mechanisms to implement timely and effective risk mitigation, detection and response measures to control spread of COVID-19 in high risk border districts. The whole country is at risk of COVID-19 outbreak, but the national taskforce has listed 42 districts along the borders and those along the truck routes as category 1: high risk and they have been prioritized for response interventions. Border districts of Busia, Tororo (Malaba), Rakai (Mutukula), Amuru (Elegu), Ntungamo (Mirama Hills), Isingiro (Kikagati), Lamwo, Adjumani, Kasese, Bundibugyo, Ntoroko, Kisoro and Kanungu.
• Conduct risk communication, social mobilization, community engagement and accountability to communities along the border in 3 border districts of Ntungamo, Lamwo and Adjumani
• Conduct screening and risk communication at 3 border entry points (Mirama Hills in Ntungamo; Ngom oromo and Madi opei in Lamwo).
• Provide PPE for the volunteers and IPC supplies at the 3 POE and the community along these borders including quarantine centers.
• Provide WASH equipment and supplies. Set up of handwashing points will be supported through provision of tippy taps, soap and hand washing demonstrations by the volunteers.
• Enhance capacity of URCS to be able to prevent, prepare and respond to COVID-19.
People crossing border points and local communities living near the border points.