In times of need, nobody should stand alone. The Netherlands Red Cross provides help for those who cannot help themselves and are not helped by others.
At the Red Cross District Rotterdam-Rijnmond we have a vacancy for an intern who will support our team in the field of poverty relief and who will conduct research on our regional impact
What will you do?
As a (research)intern you will conduct research on how we can increase our societal impact. You will do this based on qualitative research, for example through storytelling-research. You will have interviews with beneficiaries and partner organizations to create a clear overview of the soft side of our aid. Besides that, you will assist with our poverty relief projects.
- You are a university bachelor’s or master’s student. You study in the field of social, cultural, development or business sciences
- You aim to join us for a period of 6 (full-time) to 9 months (part-time), starting 1 January 2023
- You have experience in qualitative and quantitative research
- You have strong social and communication skills, are practically oriented, and have analytical skills
- You comply by the fundamental principles of the Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality)
- You have to be able to communicate in Dutch. The research and professional conversations can be held in English
What do we provide?
Satisfaction! You will be working in the midst of urgent societal issues, such as the current increase in poverty. Besides, you will increase your network in the city and you will be able to work together with a broad range of different people, who are very passionate about their work.
Self-development! You will gain a lot of relevant work experience and you will be able to follow different courses and trainings. You get a chance to use your academic knowledge in a practical way to encourage societal change. It is the perfect combination between academics and operations, to make our world (city) a better place. You will be offered professional guidance.
Besides a voluntary contract, you will get a travel and expenses allowance and a compensation of €350 per month based on 40 hours per week. Furthermore, you will be able to follow a first aid course for free.
Interested? Please send your CV and motivational letter to Thijs Heesters via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information you can call +31 6 20423554.
See you soon!