Are you looking for flexible and online volunteer work with a big impact? Then this is a great opportunity for you! Become a volunteer at the Red Cross WhatsApp Helpline for Ukrainians. Due to the escalated violence in Ukraine, many residents have fled across the border in search for a safe place. People who have fled to the Netherlands, can reach the Netherlands Red Cross by WhatsApp in English, Russian and Ukrainian. They can contact the WhatsApp Helpline with questions about shelter, medical care, documents, work and education. The Red Cross helps people with information and refer them to relevant organizations. As an agent of the WhatsApp Helpline, you become part of this diverse and multilingual volunteer team of the Red Cross.
What are you going to do?
- You will answer messages from people who contact the WhatsApp Helpline, in Russian, Ukrainian or English.
- You look for relevant information to answer the questions as best as possible.
- You will give attention to the persons and try to find an answer to their questions.
- You work from home.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has good communication skills, is empathetic, proactive and flexible.
- Speaks Russian or Ukrainian (native speaker) and English.
- Is available at least for one shift per week (2 hours) for at least three months. The work can be easily combined with, for example, studies, because it takes place online. You can schedule the shift yourself via an online schedule. The shifts are between 12:00 – 20:00. There are also shifts on weekends.
- Preferably has experience with working with people in a vulnerable position.
- Is digitally proficient.
- Has a laptop (Windows or Mac) and a smartphone (Android or IOS).
- The Red Cross looks for volunteers with talent and excellent competencies for a position. The Red Cross is not guided by cultural background, physical limitations, gender identity, religious beliefs, orientation or age.
What we offer:
- Flexible volunteer work with a big impact.
- Work experience within the largest humanitarian organisation in the Netherlands and worldwide.
- A dynamic working environment where you work in a team of volunteers and professionals.
- Work-related trainings
- The opportunity to develop yourself in providing (digital) humanitarian aid.
Follow your heart and apply now. Use the button “Solliciteer nu” (“Apply now”). We only use your data for this specific application procedure.
Do you have questions? Contact us via email@example.com. We are looking forward to receive your application.
The Red Cross
We help people in need. Around the corner – and far away, from our hearts and with our sleeves rolled up. That is what the Red Cross stands for. Everyone is welcome. Without exception. This is the only way we can achieve our mission. And make a difference for all people in need. Whoever you are. Let’s together make our strength from our difference. Join our movement. Help the world move forward by being yourself. That’s the + of the Red Cross. That is the + of diversity.