Mentor ‘Op Koers’ in Amsterdam Zuidoost (volunteer)
Geplaatst op: 9 december 2020
Tijd: Onbepaalde tijd
Mentor “Op Koers”
The Red Cross is looking for local residents who want to help vulnerable local residents to improve their well-being. Within the district Amsterdam Zuidoost there is a lot of (hidden) suffering behind the front door and people aren’t always able to find the right care. With this program we want to offer help to our vulnerable fellow residents and support and guide them in what they so badly need. A large formal and informal network from the neighborhood is ready to guide you and the residents in this. Your knowledge and experience of living in the neighborhood is very important and can make a difference for residents. Are you in?
Then become a volunteer within the new program ‘Op Koers’ of the Red Cross Amsterdam-Amstelland! In the program you help a vulnerable Amsterdammer who cannot find the way to suitable help or support, or you guide him / her to be able to stand independently and strong in society again. With help of training from the Red Cross you as a volunteer start well prepared!
What do you have to meet?
For this volunteer position it is important that you:
- Are good in making contact and able to listen without judgment.
- Lives in the area Amsterdam Zuidoost and/or has affinity with the area.
- Being able to work independently and enough time to meet (regularly) for a maximum of six months.
- Know how to set your own boundaries.
- Knowledge of the social organizations in the neighborhood. You can of course also learn them.
- Speaks Dutch and/or English or another widely spoken language in the area.
- Have a VOG. This is requested (free of charge) through the Red Cross.
What’s in it for you?
‘Op Koers’ in Amsterdam offers you:
- Satisfaction to really help someone further and to make them stand stronger in society; at the same time you get to know new people in your own neighborhood!
- Voluntary work that can be flexibly planned, with travel allowance and insurance included.
- An increase in knowledge and skills through training and experience in the field.
More information or sign up?
Do you have a question about volunteering? Please feel free to contact Mirjam Kessen of the Red Cross via 020-6226211 or 06-12157980.
Would you like to register? Send a (short) motivation and your contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then contact you for introduction.
Mirjam Kessen via 020 – 622 62 11