Region of Rotterdam/Dordrecht
Do you help vulnerable migrants stay healthy?
We are looking for Ukrainian speaking Life Skills trainers
The Netherlands Red Cross is there for people in need. Both around the corner and far away. We help from our hearts and with our sleeves rolled up. We also make sure that people can help themselves and teach them how to help others. So that in times of need, no one is alone.
Worldwide, we work on the basis of our seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Since 2015, the Netherlands Red Cross has been providing medical and psychosocial support to migrants who are in a vulnerable position. In various cities we organize first aid/CPR training courses and the Life Skills workshop series. In these workshops, participants learn how to better protect their (mental and physical) health and where to find professional help when needed. We try to give participants a basic knowledge of the Dutch healthcare system and to offer a listening ear in difficult times.
What are you going to do:
- Organize Life Skills workshops for small groups of migrants at shelter locations for Ukrainian refugees;
- Thinking along about project developments;
- Follow the current affairs regarding vulnerable migrants in the Netherlands and regionally;
- Participate in training courses and team/intervision meetings for volunteers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Speaks English (minimum B1 level) and Ukrainian;
- Has an education or experience in psychology, social work or healthcare (those who are still studying are at least in the fourth year of study);
- Has good communication and social skills;
- Has experience in groupwork, providing training/workshops and/or working in healthcare, social care or migration;
- Has empathy for people, but can also set professional boundaries;
- Is flexible, independent and acts proactive;
- Lives in the Rotterdam/Dordrecht region;
- People with a diverse cultural background are invited to apply!
- Work experience within the largest humanitarian organization in the Netherlands and worldwide
- A dynamic working environment
- A team of committed colleagues
- A Red Cross work related training in working with migrants
- Substantive support by the coordinator or project leader
- Travel and expense allowance.
Then respond by pressing the apply button! Do you have any questions? Then you can contact Nikki van der Ven, she is the project leader and can be reached on 06-48407962.