The Netherlands Red Cross is there for people in need. Both around the corner and far away. Due to the conflict in Ukraine, many residents have fled across the border in search for a safe place. People who have fled to the Netherlands, can reach the Netherlands Red Cross by WhatsApp in English, Russian and Ukrainian. People can contact the WhatsApp Helpline with questions about, for example, shelter, medical care and education. The Red Cross helps people or refers them to specialized organizations. As an agent of the WhatsApp Helpline, you become part of this new, diverse and multilingual volunteer team of the Red Cross.
What are you going to do?
- You will answer messages from people who contact the WhatsApp Helpline, in Russian, Ukrainian or English.
- You can expect messages from people that are from Ukraine who have had a hard time and need a listening ear, have practical questions or have been affected in any way by the conflict in Ukraine
- You will give the person attention and try to find an answer to their questions together with the person
- If necessary, you will refer the person to the District Action Centre in the country
- You work from home
We are looking for someone who:
- Speaks Russian or Ukrainian (native speaker) and English
- Preferably has professional experience with helping others through a job or volunteer work
- Has good communication skills
- Has a laptop (Windows or Mac) and a smartphone (Android or IOS)
- Is digitally proficient
- Is available for one shift per week (3 hours)
What we offer:
- Work experience within the largest humanitarian organisation in the Netherlands and worldwide
- A dynamic work environment
- A team of committed colleagues, so you are never alone
- Work-related training
- Daily support by one of the team captains
- Expense allowance
Follow your heart and apply now. Tell us more about yourself and motivation. Use the “Apply now” button (Solliciteer nu). We only use your data for this specific application procedure.
Do you have questions? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receive your application.